Thursday 3 May 2012

Is that your sister?!

I finally got up the balls to make some genuine enquiries about a total change in my future as far as a career is concerned.
I even created a new email address so I can just be Mrs Robinson....

I have enquired about a full on position at a place called Holly House.
It is a facility that houses 10 young mums and their babies, from just before birth up till baby is one.

It is a job I have had in the back of my head for about 10 years.

I have zilch on the qualification front, but 100% on the experience.
This is what I want to do.

What will I do to achieve it?
I don't know.
A foot in the door would be amazing.
I would volunteer for a year if need be.

It's down on my knees begging God to open doors, or close them if He has a better plan (HIGHLY POSSIBLE lol )

Why am I writing this?
Because I am excited.

Even if it's a total closed door, I know that this is what I want to do, and it is obviously just the wrong time.

Can we manage shift work as a newly married couple?
Thats my biggest worry.
(hmmm, where's that verse from the last blog....)

I will not sacrifice my marriage and family for a job, no matter how appealing it is...
But I don't want fear to hold me back either....

What an exciting thing to ponder over


Lord, in your hands be it.


O&O

2 comments:

  1. yay! My mum did that job for a couple of years and she didn't sacrifice either marriage or us for it, she DID end up preggers with Jacqui though! haha ;)hope it happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just came over from Debs space, nice to meet another CHCH blogger! :)

    Read your update, so sorry you weren't what they were looking for at the mo but VERY excited that you have enrolled to study. Seriously, it just gives me such a huge buzz when I hear of people taking steps towards what they would like to be doing.

    YAY! :)

    x

    ReplyDelete